Old June 23rd 04, 02:11 AM
Reed Park

Irv Finkleman wrote:

Ah! Memories! When I served on HMCS Sussexvale and HMCS Jonquiere, two WWII
Frigates, we had them in the radio shack. Yes, they were excellent VLF and LF
receivers. Indeed, they could be tube operated, or without power as a crystal set!

I don't know where you could find any info on them now... but thanks for the
memories!

Irv VE6BP
--

Hi Irv

Glad to hear that at least someone has heard of that radio. :-)
I have a few other Marconi sets from that era that I am also
trying to get info on. It's hard to believe that I have so many
radios of WW2 vintage that there is no information on. It's not
like there was only a small number made. Must be the "why" they
were made or the "who" they were made for that causes the trouble.

7 3
Reed

--

ARROW Research - Avro CF-105