Old September 4th 05, 02:09 PM

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
From: on Aug 28, 8:18 am

That's nice, Len. Who attempted to silence you? Have you told anyone to shut up or leave the newsgroup? :-) :-)

Well, there was the classic "feldwebel post"....

And what has Jim's response been to Len's comments?

It has been quite varied and quite mild considering
Len's typical insulting demeanor.

Oh, my! "typical insulting demeanor?" Davie is above such
things? Not by all the archives in Google! :-)

Yes, Len, your typical insulting demeanor.

I think you meant "behavior", Dave.

You know, the one which
brought about the creation of Jim's apropos profile of your
likely actions:

N2EY: "Besides, here's a simple, plain fact:

No matter what job, educational level, employer, or
government/military service that a radio amateur has, if
said radio
amateur opposes Mr. Anderson's views, he/she will be
the target of Mr.
Anderson's insults, ridicule, name-calling, factual
errors, ethnic
slurs, excessive emoticons and general infantile behavior."

Actually there's an updated version:

No matter what employment, education, experience or
government/military service a person has, if that
person opposes Mr. Anderson's views, he/she will be
the target of Mr. Anderson's insults, ridicule,
name-calling, factual errors, ethnic/gender/racial slurs,
excessive emoticons and general infantile behavior.

I've found it to be a very accurate predictor of Len's
behavior on rrap. Len of course has parodied/plaigirized
and in doing so simply provide more proof of its validity.

Note that the profile does not call Len names or
other direct insults. It simply predicts his behavior when
faced with opposition to his views.

Perhaps Len considers such opposition to be the
ultimate insult to him.

What Jim hasn't done is to prevent or attempt to
prevent Len from making those comments.

Nor would I. What I have done is to point out errors
in Len's reasoning and claims. And I backed it up
with google quotes and other info.

For example, some time back Len posted that all hams could
continue to operate legally with licenses that were in the grace
period. I showed that to be in error, by simply quoting the
appropriate sections of Part 97. Len's behavior in response to
that was typical of the profile.

Right now, there's not a damn thing Jimmie can do about
it...

There's plenty that people "can do about it". No one chooses to.
Not worth the time or effort.

Slow down and regroup, Len. Jim has done nothing to prevent
you from
commenting to this newsgroup or to your government. Your rant is vapor.

Dave, consider that perhaps Len considers *any* opposition to
his views as an attempt to silence him.

The PCTA, including Jim Miccolis/N2EY, immediately set upon
discrediting Len's comments and opinions.

Free speech includes the right to discredit other's comments and
opinions if those comments and opinions are not based on facts and
sound logical reasoning. Some of Len's comments and opinions are not
based on facts and sound logical reasoning.

In the end, if they cannot
lay waste to Len's comments with rational argument(s),
they claim that
his opinions are simply no good because Len isn't a ham.

Actually the logic is quite different. It comes down to
asking why Len is so interested in amateur radio policy
even though Len is not a ham and has never been one. There
has been a nocodetest amateur radio license in the USA since
1991, yet Len never got one. The maximum code test required
for any US amateur radio license has been 5 wpm since 1990 (with
medical waiver) and since 2000 without a waiver.

Nor is Len a manufacturer of amateur radio equipment, nor does
he have anything to do with FCC.

More than 5-1/2 years ago, Len told us he was going for Extra,
but didn't say when, and it hasn't happened yet.

And regardless of how someone replies to Len's posts here, Len will
reply according to the profile.

It's just his way.

Why should anyone reply to his posts at all, Dave?

73 de Jim, N2EY