Old September 4th 05, 07:16 PM
Andrew Bunting

craigm wrote:
However, for someone visitng the group for the first time this may not
be realistic. A newbie will see politics, name calling, bigotry and
other off topic posts and immeiately write off the group as worthless.

Yes, I subscribed for the first time last week and was a little
``surprised'' at what I found. I considered dropping the group
but instead spent an evening purging ( not just hiding ) 9000
messages and building a killfile list and now I'm seeing some
interesting stuff.

It's nearly term time, so maybe the noise will drop off soon.

obOnTopic:
So: anyone else here from Ireland? Lincolnshire Poacher is
strong these evenings on 9251...

Thanks

Andrew Bunting
Yes it's a real e-mail address