Old September 5th 05, 12:42 AM
Mike Coslo

an_old_friend wrote:
I had always thought it was expressly forbidden to accept any
compensation for our activiites as Hams, the correctness of that rule
being a another matter

Under certain circumstances it is.

We're talking about being reimbursed for reasonable expenses here. The
personal cost of say a week on location in a disaster area is
significant. Air travel, hotel and food adds up pretty quickly. And as
Ham radio becomes more integrated into the disaster response system, we
will be compensated like the rest of the responders.

Perhaps that will be one of those certain circumstances?

- Mike KB3EIA -