Old September 5th 05, 02:48 AM
Mr Cheap

"N9OGL" wrote in message
oups.com...
NEWINGTON, CT, Sep 2, 2005--The Corporation for National and Community
Service (CNCS) will provide a $100,000 grant supplement to ARRL to
support Amateur Radio's emergency communication operators in states
affected by Hurricane Katrina.

Isn't that nice....

"For the first time in ARRL history, we will be able to reimburse some
of the expenses that hams incur in response to a disaster," she said.

Obviously this woman don't know just how cheap hams
can be. They better have a great accounting system on hand
and/or have the radios nailed down and/or etched with
property and S/N tags else their gonna be up for sale on
e-Bay in a few months!

"We only wish that we could justify an expense reimbursement program
like this every time Amateur Radio Emergency Service volunteers are
called upon to help in a disaster or emergency, sometimes placing
themselves in harm's way."

Just put a big truck well stocked with *free* coffee and doughnuts
and it will attract them like iron filings to an alinco magnet.

(Been listening to 75M between all the traffic nets at night. Sounds like
the musings in an all-white redneck bar from one end of the band to the
other. How amusing and expected)