Old September 5th 05, 03:01 AM

Uncle Ted wrote:
On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 15:50:11 GMT, "K=D8HB"
wrote:

There are thousands of gods available to believe in, and for each indivi=

dual god
there are often several different versions of that religion. Take, for =

example,
President Bush's god --- dozens and dozens of different cults all claimi=

ng to be
the "proper" Christians.

The only difference between atheists and GWB is that the atheists believ=

e in one
less god than George does. If I have it right, Georges god, in His cosm=

ic
loneliness, felt a need to be worshipped, so He invented Us to worship h=

im.
Those of Us who aren't so inclined, He will banish to spend eternity on =

75-meter
phone.

Beep beep!
de Hans, K0HB
Most Reverend Keeper of the Codes of Q

Since this subject has been brought up, I'll admit it - I am an
atheist. Here are MY observations, however off-topic they may be...

With the catastrophe of Hurricane Katrina, we saw thousands of
survivors thanking god for their lives, even though they've lost
everything. I haven't seen one survivor blaming god for the death of
innocents in this disaster, not to mention the thousands that have
been left homeless and displaced from their families, not yet knowing
whether they're dead or alive. Yet, they still thank god for their
lives. If a madman forced you out of your house by gun point, and then
burned your house to the ground while you watched, would you thank him
for sparing your life? What good is life if your lifestyle, quality of
life, and means of sustanation are suddenly gone?

It makes no sense to me why people would appeal to god and praise god,
yet not scratch their heads in confusion when said god anally rapes
New Orleans, but say that it is "god's will". Believers will say that
I must not question "god's will", but I SHALL question the will of
such a god in the hopes that some right-wing bible thumpers will
re-think their god's position in the wake of such disasters.

But I doubt that is going to happen. Today, there are people going to
prayer-fests in just about every church in the country. They'll do
their praying, get back into their big, gas-sucking SUVs, and drive
back to their fancy homes with the smug satisfaction that they
actually did something to help the survivors of this disaster. Is all
of this praying supposed to cause some big hand to come down out of
the sky and supply those affected by this tragedy with food, water,
clothes, medicine and shelter until the government and volunteer
donations can be supplied. Somehow, I doubt it.

I am ashamed of my government, and I don't care who is offended by my
comments. I'll question and bash anyone and any god I damn well please
and make no apologies for it. I have had with the religious platitudes
from politicians and community leaders on all levels of government.
They invoke a non-existent supernatural deity so they can duck their
responsibilities. They dragged their asses when it came to getting the
job done and lives were lost as a result. It's time to fire all of
them, starting with their murdering, cruel, vindictive god and working
the way down.

Welp, Ted, at least you didn't try to bash Bush over the hurricane.