Old September 5th 05, 04:34 AM
jm

"DxxxxxBxx" wrote in message
On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 21:40:26 -0400, Al Klein
wrote:

And it's not going to get better. Hurricanes are heat engines and
global warming (it's a fact - no scientist is arguing about *whether*
it is, just about why and how much) is causing worse hurricanes and,
since we're short-term-profit-driven, not logic-driven, global warming
is just going to get worse, so hurricanes are just going to get
stronger and more destructive.

Sorry, I just couldn't let this one go.

I am a scientist. True, I am not arguing, but I do not agree with
"global warming". Interesting how when we were young, a new ice age
is approaching. Now it is global warming. Chicken little said the
sky is falling. This is a trick to take money from the U. S. taxpayer
and give it away to liberal concerns.

As far as hurricanes getting worse, this is another typical liberal
statement. This is no where near the worst hurricane in the recorded
weather history of the USA. True, it may have affected more human
life, but that is because they live there--NOT because the hurricane
was the worst. Once again, there is no evidence that any hurricanes
we have had in the last 10 years are worse that hurricanes in recorded
weather history of the USA.

"Logic-driven"? I think not. You rant, but you rant feelings (or
maybe agenda). Neither logic nor facts are in your message.

You're confusing messages for starters... Secondly I don't think anyone said
this was the "worst" hurricane in history. Third - Liberal as to
predictions? NOT - that came from the folks at NOAA and the Weather Channel.
They are "supposed" to be scientists or Meteorologists if you will - not
slanted in any one direction. So, though you may be a scientist, you sure
must not pay much attention to what is broadcast via those in the know. As
to "WHY" they may get stronger and more destructive - "I" am not a scientist
or meteorologist, so I won't try to pretend I am and overstep my bounds in
information. "I" get my information from those aforementioned who are
"supposed" to know what is going on.
You may be a scientist - self proclaimed perhaps, but it doesn't mean you
know "everything".

jm