Old September 5th 05, 08:09 PM
Scott Dorsey

malomarski wrote:

Where can I actually buy some of these is small quantities?

As I recall, Harris/Allied Broadcast Supply sells the LED replacement
lamps.

You can also make your own with a high intensity LED, a resistor,
and the base from an old #47 lamp. Heat the lamp with a propane
torch and both the cement and the solder will come loose.

I am going to use the LED lamp for a dial faceplate and don't want
extremely bright; as a matter of fact, I'm looking for a dim Red glow...

So use an incandescent lamp with the next higher voltage rating and
be done with it. A 12V lamp in place of a 6V one will be dim, and
last forever.
--scott