Old September 5th 05, 06:50 PM
K7ITM

Hi Fero,

Since I'm not familiar with the nRF905, I can't really anticipate what
problems you might run into. I do expect that at 900MHz, if you can
come up with a proper layout and execute it correctly, standard FR-4
(modern fiberglass-epoxy) dielectric shouldn't be a significant
problem. I'm assuming that the whole board is small and you don't have
more than a couple cm trace length. Obviously, if you ran a few meters
of microstrip, you'd have noticable loss. Perhaps someone with some
nRF905 experience can give you more help. I did bring up the Nordic
website, but the ap note files for the demo boards were in some format
my 'puter doesn't understand. (Why doesn't eveyone include a PDF
version??) Since Nordic seems to try to provide lots of info on their
web site, perhaps they would answer an email about your concerns.

Cheers,
Tom