Old September 5th 05, 05:15 PM
an Old friend

I love the way Dave and Jim dismiss the existance of whole license
class

From: Jim Hampton on Aug 30, 6:12 pm

wrote in message

Didn't they find that out with welfare?

You mean the WELFARE system that rewarded the high-rate morsemen
with fancier titles and better privileges, such as in the
"incentive plan" licensing system? Yes. It worked very well,
didn't it?

You seem to have the idea of welfare backward, Len, and you've
introduced a factual error. There was never a class of license under
Incentive Licensing, which provided an upgrade for merely passing a
morse exam.

Factual error? It was called the Tech-Plus. And before you go calling
me a liar, I'll correct myself and say, "Technician-Plus."