Old September 5th 05, 05:40 PM
Dave

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
k.net...
John Smith wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:23:26 -0700, N2EY wrote:

Because I can. And because I won't ask others to pass a test
that I can't pass myself.

That is awfully big of you, however, keep it mind that amateur radio (the
rf bands) should be open to ALL AMERICANS...

Every American (and foreigners living in America) have the very same
opportunity for obtaining an amateur radio license.

I happen to have been favored by my creator. If I understand where I
stand on IQ charts, roughly 5% of people are my equal or betters...

You're not supposed to stand on them. It is quite possible that folks
with a lower IQ could still be your equal or betters.

If I
took a test which fully tested my abilities, then required the same of
others--I could end up rather lonely...

I'm guessing that you're already rather lonely.

I think the test should be one which at least 95% of ALL amercians can
pass--more or less like a drivers license...

lets see, to get a drivers license you have to be at least 16, that cuts out
a lot of americans who make good hams. you have to be able to see, that
cuts out some more hams. you have to be able to exert some kind of
mechanical control over the vehicle, that cuts out some more. you can't
have an active seziure disorder, that cuts out more... boy, sure does seem
harder to get a drivers license than a ham ticket... considering the
youngest extra operator recently was a 9 year old girl, i know a couple
blind hams, and some who couldn't get a drivers license for other medical
reasons. and then there are the idiots who lose their license because they
are just too plain dumb to follow the rules, oh wait, we do have a couple of
hams who fit that description also.

Just use your CB radio or find a newsgroup to haunt. That'll end your
loneliness.

Dave K8MN

i think he just found a group to haunt, and someone to keep him from being
lonely!