Old September 5th 05, 06:13 PM
Dave Heil

From: on Sep 3, 1:55 pm

John Smith wrote:

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:23:26 -0700, N2EY wrote:

Because I can. And because I won't ask others to pass a test
that I can't pass myself.
That is awfully big of you, however, keep it mind that amateur radio (the rf bands) should be open to ALL AMERICANS...

They are open to all who can pass the required tests. In fact
a nonresident noncitizen can get an FCC amateur radio license.

Don't forget cute little 6-year-olds who passed their WRITTENS.

It is a cinch that *you* haven't forgotten them. :-)

All an IQ test shows is how well you take IQ tests. There
are many different kinds of intelligence, and trying to
describe them with a single number is ludicrous.

OK, so now we all know that Jimmie didn't score high on a
Stanford-Binet IQ test! :-)

You're big on jumping to false conclusions. You might be setting
yourself up to make another factual error. :-) :-)

And when you say "95% of all [Americans]" - does that include
those under the age of, say, 5 years? How about those with
severe developmental delays and deficits? Does it include those
Americans with dementia or Alzheimer's disease? How about those
who are illiterate or barely literate, those for whom English is
a foreign language, and those with all sorts of other problems
and limitations?

Or do you mean 95% of all healthy, educated, "average" Americans over
the age of, say, 10 years?

The present written tests are simple enough for two SIX YEAR OLDS
to pass their license tests under the watchful eye of kindly,
grandfatherly-looking VEs. Imagine, two SIX YEAR OLDS with perfect
understanding of all regulations and the MATURITY to act
responsibly on their own!

Yeah, imagine that. If they could do it, it would seem that a guy like
you could do it--but you haven't.

Dave K8MN