Old September 5th 05, 04:43 PM
D Peter Maus

Daniel J. Morlan wrote:
Was wondering what it might be, or where I might get it? I have an outdoor
antenna that I have for my ICOM rig indoors, and it would certainly get
something, but I don't like the idea of unplugging the antenna from my
radio, and then to my SWR. Maybe an antenna switch would be a worthwhile
investment?

73's, DJM

An antenna switch would be a good choice.

Then again, most any antenna will work on your 800. A length of wire
will get you there.

If you're really looking for a commercial antenna, hit the
Universal-Radio website. They've got a bunch of them.

I have an Eavesdropper, a trapped dipole, up for my rigs (distributed
between them with an active multicoupler.) I've also got an A-D DX
Ultra. VERY large...REALLY sensitive.

And as an experiment, I put up an RF Systems MTA. Also very quiet,
and virtually impervious to man-made noise, but not as sensitive.
Usually requires the built in preamp on the receiver.