Old September 12th 03, 02:31 AM
Dave Shrader

I own the CN-101L. I'm the original owner. What manual?

Don't worry about peak power readings. Tune up in FM or RTTY mode, read
your power output, adjust your tuner for reasonable match, go on the air
and have some fun.

In the RTTY mode:

Mine reads 1020 watts while my amplifier reads 1000 watts.

Mine reads 70 watts while my amplifier reads 80 watts

Mine reads approximately 2.5 watts while my amplifier can't read it!!

In the PEP mode mine reads 500 watts while the amplifier reads 850 and
the key down is 1000 watts. So, neither meter faithfully reads the PEP.

Deacon Dave, W1MCE
+ + +

Richard Kriss wrote:

I am about to do some trading and may wind up with a Daiwa CN-100 cross
needle SWR/Power meter with no documentation. I could not find an
online source of manual for any Daiwa products so would like to talk to
someone that has one.

Anybody use or have experince with the Daiwa CN 101? The QST review by
Steve Ford was not that great on the peak power reading.

If you will send me your address, I will send an SASE for a copy. The
manual can't be very big.

Dick, AA5VU