Old September 5th 05, 09:05 PM
Floydster

I've just started listening to SW again after almost two decades away from
it and find it as honest as it was the day I last listened. I love listening
to the same news stories from all corners of the globe, it helps to build a
more realistic picture of the real event without all the spin.

Tell me, If oil production does hit a peak next year and energy demand
exceeds supply from then on, will the internet or radio survive? Does anyone
see where I'm coming from?

The tales of SW's slow death is very similar to VMS. Let's ask the NT guys
where SW will be in twenty years time!

Floyd

--
http://www.twobigones.com
http://www.smellyhound.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
Good points. I've noted before that shortwave has been languishing on
its "deathbed" for several *decades* now. It's the slowest, most
prolonged death I've ever seen! My guess is that a couple of hundred
years from now people will still be talking about the death of
shortwave. Maybe this is a good thing. It's something our grandchildren
will be able to bond with their grandchildren about.

Steve