Old September 5th 05, 09:13 PM
Telamon

In article ,
David wrote:

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 02:14:41 GMT, Telamon
wrote:

In article ,
David wrote:

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:42:31 GMT, Telamon
wrote:

Very poor on 21,740MHz today. Their signal has improved over the
course of this time segment. They are for the most part inaudible
earlier and they are understandable now but noisy.

Lately the lower bands have been better than the higher bands and
I expect that is due to the Geomagnetic field being unsettled to
storm conditions over most of the last week.

Got bupkis in Santa Clarita

WWV, WWVH on 15 OK.

WWV and or WWVH was poor most of the day for me on 10 and 15 MHz.

Now at 02:02 UTC WWV on 10 MHz is S9+20dB and WWVH15 MHz is S9 still
favoring better reception the lower the frequency.

What was the time and frequency of reception of bupkis?

0019 5sep2005 (my messages are time-stamped in PDT by Mindspring)

I'm a little slow on the uptake there. You should get nothing on
Australia since they go off the air at 00:00 UTC. They are on 21,740
MHz 22:00 to 24:00 UTC. It is usual that they are weaker around 22:00
and get stronger toward 24:00 UTC. Yesterday they very poor throughout
that broadcast segment but as usual they were better toward sign off.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California