Old September 7th 05, 12:20 AM
Buzzygirl

"Michael Lawson" wrote in message
With the end of Summer (yeah, right, given it's supposed
to be close to 90F by the weekend here) upon us, has
anyone any goals for the upcoming winter SWL listening?

I'm going to try to put up some sort of random wire along my (wooden)
balcony, to see if I can pick up more DX I think better winter propagation
should help things along somewhat as well, though.

I'm also a scanner listener-- we have a few trunked systems online, but
they're mostly county public works departments with little in the way of
truly interesting conversation. Most of the active freqs in my area are
still in the VHF-150 and UHF-450 ranges. I have a Pro-95 and a Pro-83. I
live in a large metropolitan area, so there is always something interesting
to listen to around here.

Jackie