Old September 7th 05, 06:11 AM
Ken

Wayne Howell wrote:
Lumpy wrote:

Operating in buildings or neighborhoods with
extremely high impedances will gradually cause
the flux capacitor to increase in predominance.
A predominant flux capacitor loses it's gratuity
and can quickly cause the IM overput to granularize.
If you catch it early enough it can be repaired
by illumination solder applied to the reductor
contacts. But if it's gone on too long the
radio will no longer receive it's intended
frequencies. You can still use it as an
"Ocean Wave Sound" generator. Turn the
squelch all the way off and vary the
volume control to your liking. A Yagoplane
antenna will probably allow you to get the
best ocean effect.

Lump n0eq

Thank, Lumpy! You confirmed exactly what I had suspected had happened
to mine several weeks ago. Unfortunately, Radio Shack advised me that
this particular problem wasn't covered under their warranty....after
they finished looking strangely at me as I explained it to them.

I attached a reciprocating cam arm to the volume control so that the
sound changes rhythmically changes, thus greatly maximizing the wave
sound effect. But now I find that I wake up periodically.....?
I haven't figured that out yet.

What time are you waking up?
Is it the same time, everytime?