Old September 7th 05, 05:29 AM
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

I know about using heating oil being illegal. But sure enough, I googled
this subject and various state DOT's are trying to get Bio-Diesel
categorized for taxation. Still they are not talking about going after
solar power, but I am sure that is coming next. By the way, there is a
new "initiative" called "open roads", which is everything but open
roads. They are trying to put RFID transponders in every car and extract
tolls from everywhere you drive.

Chuck Harris wrote:

**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY** wrote:

Can you provide cites? I can't beleive that i would be breaking a law
if I drove a solar powered vehicle.

Why can't you believe it? The states and feds want their road taxes even
more than they want a solution to the fossil fuel problem.

Diesel for off the road tractors, and earth movers is untaxed, and is
dyed
red to make it obvious if a vehicle has ever used the stuff. (It
stains the
tank red, and the filters. Truckers get checked for this problem at
weigh
stations. On this I have first hand experience, as I run farm
tractors, and
earth moving equipment.

Here is a cite on that:

http://www.bizjournals.com/washingto...3/daily27.html

-Chuck

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"

The Lost Deep Thoughts By: Jack Handey
Before a mad scientist goes mad, there's probably a time
when he's only partially mad. And this is the time when he's
going to throw his best parties.