Old September 7th 05, 08:31 PM
an_old_friend

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

cut

Fantastic! An endorsement from the World's Greatest DXer. I'll
request that it be known as the "Heil Award," in your honor.

I've seen nothing to indicate an endorsement from the World's Greatest
DXer. Perhaps you received an e-mail from him. While I haven't
endorsed the idea, I have encouraged you to pursue it.

indeed you do always encourage people to feed your ego

cut

As to learning "ANY diplomacy",

there is never an instance where an ambassador calls a communications
type and says, "We've just received news from Washington. I want you to
go to the Foreign Ministry and make a demarche".

And there you have it.

Yes, there you have it. Ambassadors, Deputy Chiefs of Mission,
Political and Economics Officers make demarches, telephone and write to
foreign ministers, presidents, prime ministers and the like.
Information Management personnel have quite different job requirements.

indeed We may all the god for that, the fact you were a file clerk was
obviously much better for the nation and the world than puting you in
real diplomatic work

He was merely their messenger.

Perhaps it soothes you to cling to that belief.

In addition to sending messages, what else did you do?

I'm certain that I've outlined it before. In addition to sending
messages, I received messages. :-)

My My such ornerous duties

cut
me up.

Then there's Heil's thrilling tales of African adventures
where he "synchronized" State Department communications via
morsemanship in the 1980s...

He opened and closed rtty circuits with CW?

He surely did, but not on the same frequency as the RTTY circuit.

What frequency?

A different one!

i see more non answer answerer
cut

None of that has anything to do with amateur radio...unless one
counts the entirety of the Department of State as an "amateur"
effort of foreign policy.

Do you think has an anti-U.S. Foreign Policy bias, Brian?

I -could- pretend to not understand your question, but that would be
too heilish.

I think that Len has an anti-Heil bias.

That has been obvious, but I asked about a U.S. Foreign Policy bias. He
has frequently taken pot shots at the U.S. Department of State and U.S.
Foreign Policy.

Indeed and you flame Len for this american tradition of questioning the
action of the natiion, you flame him for prefroming the DUTY of an
amercian citizen

cut

With that degree, you'd likely be able to figure that Bissau and
Freetown are across the continent from Asmara. When my old colleagues
speak of the "West African Echo" they don't include East Africa. Go
figure. I didn't work into nor did I work through Asmara. The missing
piece of the puzzle for both of you is the location of the station I
worked into. Good luck.

Ascension.

I only wish I was at liberty to tell you.

rich the I could tell you bit have to kill routine. Tom cruise does it
better dave
cut

I agree. Has Len been insulted? denigrated? belittled?

If there's a God in Heaven, he has.

mighty generous

As to the FCC staffer schpiel, it has been previously addressed a number
of times. Len isn't an FCC staffer, nor is he a radio amateur.

Nor are most FCC staffers, even the ones dealing directly with amateur
radio.

That's right. They're paid to do a job, whether they participate in
some radio service or not. Len isn't a participant and he isn't a
regulator.

so what?

why do you seem to deny the rights of american citizen in amercia?

Heil may have spent too much time in the basement with his radios.

Now *that* would be weird. My hamshack consists of two, adjacent second
floor rooms.

You told us you lived in a tarpaper shack.

There's tarpaper under there somewhere.

ah yess another lie

cut

What word would attila have used?

I dunno. Only Len has stated that I claim to be an expert in "Hunnish".
I'd capitalize "Attila" though.

more spelling cop

Dave K8MN