Old September 7th 05, 09:19 PM

I think more and more services will go digital and trunked. Even our
local Canadian Pacific Railway police went to Apco 25. But I do not
think scanning will die, as digital scanners get cheaper and the
restrictions on them will not continue. I agree that scanning and
shortwave radio is an excellent alternative to the TV, am/fm radio,
satellite and even newspapers. I know a little bit about amateur
radio, and they can be very helpfull in emergency situations, as well
as being a life line in areas where their is no other means of
communicating.
Fred Burgess