Old September 7th 05, 04:09 PM
Michael Lawson

"bpnjensen" wrote in message
oups.com...
RHF - do you, then, suggest that a separate ground rod for the

antenna
and one for the radio is worthwhile to reduce noise? And if so, how
far apart? Random readings on this group the last year or so

suggest
that this is a recipe for voltage differences that can cause

problems
for the receiver...with wider spacing of the rods resulting in

greater
potential differences.

Thanks for all your information!

I'm going to have to dig this up again, but I thought that I
read somewhere in my internet searching on antennas
that you'd want something like at least 10 feet between
the two so you don't have to worry about electrical issues
for lightning. In my personal case, I have two grounds in
my backyard because not that I wanted two, but because
I moved my antenna, so I needed a ground at another
location. I ended up using both grounds anyway, the
first one at the 9:1 transformer, and the second at the
entrance to the house with the zap trapper.

--Mike L.