Old September 8th 05, 06:34 PM
bpnjensen

I find a random wire superior overall to just about any ''tailor
made'' SWL antenna I've tried.

I do find that the dipole is wonderful on 7 MHz, and 11 MHz and up. On
9 and 6 it's about a toss-up, and on down through the tropicals the
wire is better.

My big problem is noise, especially on the lower bands. I have an MFJ
noise cancelling unit that works with the two antennas, but I think two
simpel wires phased would work rather better. If I can arrange such an
array that can be set up on my smallish property, I will let folks
know. Meanwhile, I still have a large horizontal loop to build around
my fence...

Bruce Jensen