Old September 8th 05, 06:59 PM
John S.

Does it make any sense for them people on the Coastal areas of U.S.A.to
have inshorance so they can rebuild their luverly beach front homes and
or beach front vacation homes? People are stupid and I am one of them
stupid peoples too.What if a tornado destroyed my home? I do have
inshorance on my home.Should I rebuild if my home gets knocked down?
hastert would say,NO!
cuhulin

Where there is are clearly defined problems that won't go away I agree.
But lets take the risky localities one at a time. In New Orleans
there are several problems that I don't see an easy resolution for:

Built below water level
Surrounded by water
In an area frequented by hurricanes
Continues to sink further below water level
Ocean level rising
Water supply is polluted for many years
A population that can't or won't get itself out of harms way