Old September 9th 05, 02:52 AM
Roger

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 21:16:04 GMT, "Antonio Vernucci"
wrote:

An Hallicrafters SX-101A in perfect conditions with original manual. How much is it worth? I would tend to say 350$. Is that right?

You've already received a number of answers, but I'll add one more.

"Paid" prices vary widely as does the actual equipment condition vs
the stated condition. Perfect isn't really perfect, but falls a
couple of notches down from Museum quality and like new.
Beautiful jobs of restoration some times go for quite a bit less than
a bit worn, but stock rig. Other times they are just what the
purchaser was looking for.

Some of the old rigs still work well if they were kept in use, but
it's rare to find something of the 101A, MK II, or MK-III that doesn't
need to have a number of the capacitors replaced.

The 101 series is popular, but not a highly sought after item.
All in all, "I think" the price for a later model will run *typically*
in the $300 to $350 range while the A will be some what less. Still,
the market is fickle as are buyers and those prices may run from half
that to around $400. I don't remember seeing any 101s of any suffix
going for more than that.

So, strictly as a personal opinion I'd say $350 for a 101A is a tad
high, but there is nothing wrong in trying for it.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Thanks

Tony, I0JX