Old September 9th 05, 03:01 AM
Greg

From: "-=jd=-"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:41:40 GMT
Subject: HAm RAdio efforts during Katrina

On Thu 08 Sep 2005 10:54:15a, "Caveat Lector"
wrote in message news:qgYTe.6068$mH.2746@fed1read07:

Ham Radio Rescue Effort On TV

http://easylink.playstream.com/katu/...ator_530pm.wvx

Ham radio operators to the rescue after Katrina

Ham Radio Involvement in Hurriane Katrina

Really? I thought all the kooks and nuts were claiming that the Feds were
jamming the amature bands in order to keep {whatever} secret...

-=jd=-
--
My Current Disposable Email:

(Remove YOUR HAT to reply directly)

The hams I'm hearing in the stricken area, mostly on 14.265 and 3.935, are
spending long hours relaying emergency and health & welfare messages, but it
seems like a slow, ponderous task. I would exspect a lot more action on the
local scene on VHF and UHF. In Florida, hams provide a valuable link among
all the shelters and the EOC's via VHF as well as HF.

Greg