Old September 9th 05, 04:10 AM
BDK

In article ,
says...
In article ,
says...
On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 23:00:10 +1000, Barry OGrady
said in rec.radio.scanner:

The Pro-34 has a sensitive receiver but it overloads easily.

That seems to be a trademark of GRE.

Also, it has almost no image rejection.

10.7 MHz IF - so the lack of image rejection above 107 MHz isn't
surprising. (10:1, which is one reason for multiple conversion
receivers - it's difficult to get narrow bandwidth with a 90 MHz IF.)

My BC-796D overloads more often then my Pro-34.
My Pro-2005 never seems to overload.

Steve

I didn't reply to the claim a 34 overloads easily, but I might as well
chime in now. The Pro 34 I had and 37 too, had very little overload
problems. My 2004 and 2005 are pretty much bulletproof. My BC9000
overloads like crazy from pagers and the really close PD tower that is
full quieting, and beyond, without any antenna at all. All the Uniden
scanners and Uniden built RS scanners I've had have had overload
problems, very few GRE made radios ever have.

I buy both and give them a shot, but the GRE stuff more often stays. The
lack of Uniden quality control makes me leery too. They seem to forget
to solder stuff a lot.

BDK