Old July 8th 04, 04:56 PM
Yardleyite

Default National NC-240-D substitute speaker hookup info needed:

Hello All,
I just acquired a beautiful National NC-240-D receiver without it's
original NC-2TS speaker. I'd love to get the receiver operational. From what I
understand it uses more than a field coil (choke) to connect the B+ in the
speaker to make it operational. I've had previous experience with Hammarlunds,
etc that require a field coil to activate the B+, but I think this one is
different. From what I can tell it actually needs a PP audio output transformer
to make it work.

Would anyone be able to give me any advice on how to hookup a generic speaker
to it? I have both 8 ohm and 500 ohm speakers I can use.

Is there anything I can jumper out, etc to make it work? Any information will
be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone has a spare NC-2TS matching speaker for sale please let me know
that too!

Very Best Regards,
Joe Cro N3IBX