Old September 9th 05, 07:20 AM
SR

Ok guys: I got two spools of 22 gauge stranged insulated wire from
RShack. And 2" PVC tubing. About 10 feet. Plus a PVC T. I am going
to expiriment with this first.

I might order from universal-radio, a dipole insulator and mfj-956 tuner.

Because Rshack only had red wire. Could use black electric tape over
the wires? I do not want to lose RF gain!

And what does stranged wire mean?

SR wrote:

For the Kenwood R-1000, I want to find a wire just like the one used in
the ANT-60 wind-up antenna, because the wire is flexible, black, housed
and small.

Does anyone know where I could find about 100 feet of this wire? (Not
the ANT-60 wind-up antenna).

Once I have that, I want to make some kind of a dipole in a coil form on
both sides. By using PVC tubing. It will look like a T. Then both
feeds will connect to a PL 259.

How many turns per inch? How thick should the PVC be? I do not want to
make it too long.

I want it for the 160-10 meters.

Also I have a MFJ Deluxe Versa TunerII, could that be connected to this
antenna?

Thanks.