Old September 9th 05, 08:04 PM
Ham op

Morris wrote:
He's crossed the line numerous times: doing foreign policy, defaming
Riley Hollingsworth, going commercial. But he has a case.

SNIPPED

Though most hams, including myself, want to march Baxter right out of
this service, justice dictates something else. The FCC, it seems to
this commentator, has the burden of first addressing its previous NALs
of the 80s which were never resolved.

An agency of government simply cannot throw a flurry of similar charges
at a citizen, selectively unresponsive to those that can be defended,
while arbitrarily limiting its attention to subsequent charges.
Certainly, to the extent the previous NALs are similar, the legal
principle of collaterol estoppel comes into play in Baxter's behalf.

SNIPPED

Bob Sherin, W4ASX

Based on the cited NALs and logic the conclusion can be reasonably drawn
that we have 600,000 licensees who have a 'right' to follow K1MANs
example. Restated: CHAOS and Anarchy abound.

I don't believe that is the intent of the amateur radio 'PRIVILEGE'.