Old September 9th 05, 07:37 PM
Antonio Vernucci

Thanks to all for help

Tony I0JX

"Roger" ha scritto nel messaggio =
On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 21:16:04 GMT, "Antonio Vernucci"
wrote:
=20
An Hallicrafters SX-101A in perfect conditions with original manual. =

How much is it worth? I would tend to say 350$. Is that right?
=20
You've already received a number of answers, but I'll add one more.
=20
"Paid" prices vary widely as does the actual equipment condition vs
the stated condition. Perfect isn't really perfect, but falls a
couple of notches down from Museum quality and like new.
Beautiful jobs of restoration some times go for quite a bit less than
a bit worn, but stock rig. Other times they are just what the
purchaser was looking for.
=20
Some of the old rigs still work well if they were kept in use, but
it's rare to find something of the 101A, MK II, or MK-III that doesn't
need to have a number of the capacitors replaced.
=20
The 101 series is popular, but not a highly sought after item.
All in all, "I think" the price for a later model will run *typically*
in the $300 to $350 range while the A will be some what less. Still,
the market is fickle as are buyers and those prices may run from half
that to around $400. I don't remember seeing any 101s of any suffix
going for more than that.
=20
So, strictly as a personal opinion I'd say $350 for a 101A is a tad
high, but there is nothing wrong in trying for it.
=20
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
=20