Old September 9th 05, 07:49 PM

From: on Sep 8, 4:32 pm

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
From: on Sep 3, 1:55 pm
John Smith wrote:
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:23:26 -0700, N2EY wrote:

Because I can. And because I won't ask others to pass a test
that I can't pass myself.

That is awfully big of you, however, keep it mind that amateur
radio (the rf bands) should be open to ALL AMERICANS...

They are open to all who can pass the required tests. In fact
a nonresident noncitizen can get an FCC amateur radio license.

Don't forget cute little 6-year-olds who passed their
WRITTENS.

It is a cinch that *you* haven't forgotten them. :-)
Let's also not forget that Len asked the FCC to institute
an age requirement of 14 years for any class of amateur
radio license. Yet when challenged to cite *any* examples
of problems in the ARS caused by the licensing of young
children, he could not come up with a single example.
As far as anyone knows, he's never told
FCC to discard that age-requirement idea.

No, he hasn't. The best you'll get out of him is that he has
not pursued it further.

Of course - and based on the comments above, it's clear he
still thinks it's a good idea, even though he cannot come
up with a single example of problems caused by the lack of
such a rule.

"It's clear he still thinks it's a good idea?" :-)

Tsk, tsk, tsk, Jimmie, you put bad INTERPRETATIONS on some
folks' comments! :-)

Suppose my Stanford-Binet IQ test score is higher than Len's.
Or lower, or the same. How would his behavior here change?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think
his behavior would change at all.

With one exception: There's a very high probability that he'd find a
way to use my IQ score as a way to insult and denigrate.
Just as the profile predicts. So there's no logical reason to give my
score.

Wow! Jimmie turned into FUTUREMAN! Futureman...able to see what
is coming before it happens! :-)

Was there some "issue" concerning Stanford-Binet IQ tests?!?!?

Seems to me that morse code testing does NOT involve any "IQ"
ratings. Morse code skill is an ear-brain-motor-function thing
NOT involving intellectual capability.

Are modems "intelligent?" :-)

Do code keys have "intelligence?" :-)

Consider Paul Schleck's recent, excellent post here, Dave.

I've not only considered Paul's post, I've read the expected
tone in Len's reply.

"Expected tone?" :-)

Gosh, I'll be glad to reset the Bass and Treble controls, even
put in an Equalizer!

You know this "Argic" guy, do you Jimmie?

Ever notice how there are some people who are just plain
nice to have around? They may not be the smartest, or the
richest, or the most physically attractive, or the most
accomplished, but when you spend some time with them you
feel better than you did before, for all sorts of reasons.

Jimmie just feels warm and fuzzy around other PCTAs? :-)

Among them are people from whom you can always learn something useful,
people who are always there to help out, people with
whom you can communicate freely and honestly, people who have
an innate common sense, people with a good sense of humor, and
a whole list of other traits and combinations of traits.

Jimmie, you need to get out more, meet some NEW friends.

...or...form a NEW newsgroup, one devoted to the joys,
nobility, and rapture of morse code! Wouldn't that be a
heaven of Your Kind, the morse mavins. :-)

"Don't waste the thousand marbles"

Why? Did you lose your marbles? :-)