Old September 9th 05, 11:02 PM
K4YZ

From: "K4YZ" on Thurs 8 Sep 2005 23:39

I've noted that the usual rhetoric from the "Ham Radio Will Never
Get Through When Anything Fails" crowd, specifically from the patriarch
of the Feeble Five, Lennie "No Guts" Anderson, has waned in the face of
MAJOR media stories in all facets of "the press" that have lauded
Amateur Radio.

"Patriarch?!?" Not I, never having met in-person any of
those against the mighty warrior of "seven hostile actions,"
Dudly the Unconquerable...aka Dudly the Unhumbleable.

In other words, you're ducking. Amateur Radio is doing exactly
what you said it can't won't do.

All of those "paid professionals" that you claim do the
communicating with those high-priced, high tech systems, ie: Motorol,
are Johnnie-Come-Lately, are having to pause to wipe the crow from
thier faces before trying to answer up as to why they are DAYS behind
doing what those lowly Amateurs have been doing since Day One.

"Waned?!?" Life goes on 2000 miles away from the Katrina
hurricane devastation.

Louisiana is 2000 miles from you.

This newsgroup is only as far away as your keyboard.

Ahem...the "MAJOR media" are reporting as much as possible about
the Gulf Coast damage. That is of considerable quantity.

Uh huh.

And YOU are the one who always claims that Amateur Radio isn't the
"force" that it's own PR folks claim simply because there's not "major
media" coverage corroborating it.

Whelp...I consider Fox News, CNN, The Wall Street Journal, MSN,
etc, to be those "major media" resources.

Reporters, journalists, telecasters are all on-the-scene covering
an enormous area of extensive damage with many, many "human
interest" stories appearing. Anybody with a working TV set can
see/hear that; anybody with a working BC receiver can hear that.
Anyone able to read a major newspaper can read that. Anyone with
a working PC and an Internet connection can find that out.

YaddaYaddaYadda.........

The facts remain...Amateur Radio is doing EXACTLY the thing YOU
have claimed that they can't or won't do...

Snip of spin-doctoring.

Steve, K4YZ