Old September 10th 05, 08:15 PM
Cecil Moore

larry wrote:
A lot of work.... I just hope this loop antenna system can be used in both
transmit and receiver... (just my initial opinion)....

Full wave loops are quite different from small loops but both
can be used for both transmit and receive. As usual, transmit
is the challenge. A one-turn small loop works best if resonated
by a vacuum cap.

Any further thinking on this subject... you have my attention...

The ARRL Antenna Book has some good information on the subject.
Single turn loops work well for transmitting. Multiple turn
transmitting loops have a nasty habit of disappointing the user.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp