Old September 12th 03, 06:01 PM
Richard Harrison

J. P. Carvalho wrote:
"Can someone give a suggestion?"

Joao has a new top floor apartment, though he didn`t tell us how many
floors including the rez do chao that we call floor no. 1, and it
includes a large balcony in the northwest corner facing the street.

The roof is some 5.5 meters above his balcony. Joao is considering a
vertical antenna about 5 meters tall.

If Joao has access to the roof, maybe he should make a friend of the
"porteiro" (building engineer) in his new building. He may be able to
use a wire antenna between the roof and his balcony. It could simplify
the mechanics.

I recommend the ARRL Antenna Book although it isn`t very strong in
placing antennas in and around apartments. It at least begins with
"Safety Firsr", and that is as it should be.

A long time ago, I lived several years at several addresses along
Avenida da Roma in Lisboa. The last address was described as Estados
Unidos da America, Lote 21. It now looks a lot different than it did
when newly completed and I moved into the penthouse on top.

Best regards, Richard Harriswon, KB5WZI