Old September 11th 05, 12:58 AM
Michael A. Terrell

TRABEM wrote:

Thanks Paul,

My old Drake C line had a multiple ganged permeability tuned inductor
mechanically coupled to a variable cap.

One of the assemblies tuned the front end, one peaked the driver
stage, etc.

It covered from 1 Mhz to 30 Mhz with a half turn on the front panel
preselector control. Most likely the variable C and L tuned together
maintained a desirable Q across all the bands.

I was hoping for something similar, but have no idea where to get
permeability tuned inductors today.

Regards,

Fair Radio used to have some in their catalog, and they were used in
all of the old Delco (and some other brands) car radios of the '60s and
'70s.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell