Old September 10th 05, 10:40 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
From: "K4YZ" on Thurs 8 Sep 2005 23:39

I've noted that the usual rhetoric from the "Ham Radio Will Never
Get Through When Anything Fails" crowd, specifically from the
patriarch
of the Feeble Five, Lennie "No Guts" Anderson, has waned in the face
of
MAJOR media stories in all facets of "the press" that have lauded
Amateur Radio.

"Patriarch?!?" Not I, never having met in-person any of
those against the mighty warrior of "seven hostile actions,"
Dudly the Unconquerable...aka Dudly the Unhumbleable.

In other words, you're ducking. Amateur Radio is doing exactly
what you said it can't won't do.

It is "ducking" to disclaim a title conferred by your enemy

and ARs is still not providing vital coms

cut excess hot air suggesting perhaps it be redirected to NO to help
dry the place out
And YOU are the one who always claims that Amateur Radio isn't the
"force" that it's own PR folks claim simply because there's not "major
media" coverage corroborating it.

Whelp...I consider Fox News, CNN, The Wall Street Journal, MSN,
etc, to be those "major media" resources.

I have been watching the news I don't see any coverage indacating that
the ARs is preforming a vital service. It is providing the H&W traffic,
important but nothing life saving

cuting more hot air, with the same suggestion as before

Just what do you consider "VITAL COMMS" ???

Lets get some specifics here . Then we shall see the Ham community tear you
a new one.

Dan/W4NTI