Old September 10th 05, 11:11 PM
an_old_friend

Dan/W4NTI wrote:
"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

K4YZ wrote:
wrote:
From: "K4YZ" on Thurs 8 Sep 2005 23:39

I've noted that the usual rhetoric from the "Ham Radio Will Never
Get Through When Anything Fails" crowd, specifically from the
patriarch
of the Feeble Five, Lennie "No Guts" Anderson, has waned in the face
of
MAJOR media stories in all facets of "the press" that have lauded
Amateur Radio.

"Patriarch?!?" Not I, never having met in-person any of
those against the mighty warrior of "seven hostile actions,"
Dudly the Unconquerable...aka Dudly the Unhumbleable.

In other words, you're ducking. Amateur Radio is doing exactly
what you said it can't won't do.

It is "ducking" to disclaim a title conferred by your enemy

and ARs is still not providing vital coms

cut excess hot air suggesting perhaps it be redirected to NO to help
dry the place out
And YOU are the one who always claims that Amateur Radio isn't the
"force" that it's own PR folks claim simply because there's not "major
media" coverage corroborating it.

Whelp...I consider Fox News, CNN, The Wall Street Journal, MSN,
etc, to be those "major media" resources.

I have been watching the news I don't see any coverage indacating that
the ARs is preforming a vital service. It is providing the H&W traffic,
important but nothing life saving

cuting more hot air, with the same suggestion as before

Just what do you consider "VITAL COMMS" ???

as i have said Vital ops are those that can't be handled by other
means, the failure of which to get through will cause substancail harm
to many people or additonal damage to infrastructure

Since the post the post you are quoting I have heard of some
lifesavinng messgae but would stand behind the revised assertion that
most of the ARS traffic is H&W with some life saving traffic in the mix

But what I am seeing described is retail aid, in a disater of
wholescale proprotions

important but not vital

What traffic is being passed by the ARS that would affect the headlines
in this disaster, the only headlines that would be affected are the one
mentioning us by name

Vital comms

I have been informed that the ARS can normaly allow to be complied list
of people in the shelters of the affected areas, I hear from SecHS
mouth that no such list yet exists after how many days

Indeed I can recall being regalled with how Cw would rise to pass large
volumes of traffic for us in a disater such as this

Lets get some specifics here . Then we shall see the Ham community tear you
a new one.

Why BTW is someone holding the opinion that th ARS operations in
Katrina are important and valueble but not al though vital such a
threat to your ego?

the ARS is doing better than I expected out of this, but not at all as
well as we have been lead to believe it could do

Dan/W4NTI