Old September 10th 05, 11:26 PM
Larry Ozarow

Frank Dresser wrote:
"duke" wrote in message
oups.com...

I was just made the recipient of a B600, with the 6A41 chassis. It's
in great shape, and as it was a gift from dear friends, you can imagine
my joy. I want to fire it up, but I don't want to burn out anything.
Any tips for first juice? I don't have any special equipment beyond a
multimeter.

Check out:

http://antiqueradio.org/dimbulb.htm

I'd eventually replace any paper capacitors in the radio. The paper
deterioriates with time, and those caps won't be in much better shape than a
1950s era newspaper. I'd also test the resistors with an ohmmeter.

etc.

And don't forget the rectifier if that hasn't been replaced yet.