Old September 11th 05, 06:11 AM
Telamon

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

In article ,
"Brian Hill" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

om
..
.
I was listening to Radio Netherlands when they dropped out on 17,735
and
15,315 with the usual very strong signal and they just dropped into
the
noise. Transmitter trouble? Nope, big solar flare.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

I was getting some very strong crackling noises when it started. Not
like
lightning but weird. I just moved into this new home and my have gotten
some
RFI from around here but it ran right with the peak of the storm.

I never heard Australia on 21,740 today and currently I don't hear them
on 17,795 and just barely getting them on 17,715 MHz.

Well, I'm back from an evening out and listening Australia and New
Zealand with very poor signals on the 19 meter (15 MHz) band.

Wow, yet another flare in progress! What a weird day on the sun this has
been with one flare after another.

I have never before seen this chart this busy.
http://www.sec.noaa.gov/alerts/warnings_timeline.html

--
Telamon
Ventura, California