Old September 12th 03, 09:56 PM
Dr. Slick

wrote in message ...
Reg Edwards wrote:

I suggest considering a slotted line where the measured RMS
voltage is a function of position along the slot (when a
standing wave is present).

===========================

Voltage is a function of position along the slot even when a standing wave
is NOT present.

I think there is one case where it doesn't vary and three where
it does:

Matched lossless line: RMS voltage will be the same everywhere
Mismatched lossless: RMS voltage varies - the standing wave
Matched lossy line: RMS voltage declines towards the load
Mismatched lossy line: RMS voltage varies and declines towards the load

...Keith

I'd agree with Keith on this, but you guys are talking about a NET
voltage at one point! That will not be the same as the forward and reflected
Vrms! I have to agree with Cecil on this one.

Slick