Old September 11th 05, 11:43 PM
Highland Ham

I am trying to scale an existing front end receiver (butterworth
bandpass) filter to a different frequency range. Unfortunately, it has
a transformer in the original design, so I'm stuck. I also don't know
how to handle the load presented by the active front end component
other than it's probably not significantly reactive.

The existing filter is for a 7 Mhz receiver, I'd like to have a
similar filter design for 50 to 200 Khz.

If you are happy with the HF receiver as is, would it not be easier and
more effective to build an LF (50 - 200 kHz) to HF converter. This should
be an easy project and you can select a quiet "HF band" for the conversion.

I have seen designs with a SBL-1 mixer but also a number with the NE612
osc/mixer. Perhaps others frequenting this NG have built such a
converter.

Frank GMØCSZ / KN6WH