Old September 12th 05, 12:52 AM
craigm

Yes I agree Telamon. A good service bureau is an expensive
proposition. The ones I am familiar with (industrial based) barely
break even after salaries are paid. The important thing here is that
somebody is getting paid a salary. I would think the consumer market
is even worse. I suppose that is why so many mom & pop tv radio shops
are gone now. It's a shame.

73
Bob
N9NEO

If there were a demand for the mom and pop repair shops they would still
be around. However radios and TVs no longer need to have tubes replaced
on a regular basis. Without that business there is little for them to
do. Combine that with generally decreasing prices for electronic
products and it becomes advantagous for folks to replace rather than repair.

craigm