Old September 12th 05, 01:50 AM
dxAce

Hi

My Drake R8B tuning sometimes gets lost when I spin the knob fast.
I'll be going up 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.2 See? I expect this is a pretty
common prob.

Ok so unit is going to go back to Drake for fix and I will tell them to
go thru whole unit and check it out.

Any idea what they will charge me for this?

It's a fairly easy fix and if you can do it yourself I'd recommend that as a
start, as it's not difficult to do as long as one feels comfortable about
tearing into the receiver.

The part is available from Drake and perhaps from other sources as well.

As for determining if there are other issues with the radio perhaps you might
compare reception with any other equipment you might have.

Then if there are problems you might send it in to Drake.

dxAce
Michigan
USA