Old September 12th 05, 12:42 PM
Chuck Harris

Gregg wrote:
Hi fellas,

I find myself in the need for a tube tester and am watching three at the
moment:

- Heathkit TC-2
- Eico 625
- Accurate Instrument 157

The Accurate Instrument is powered straight from the line which unnerves
me a bit :-\

Which of the three have you any experience as reasonably reliable???

Many thanks!

Which of the three are Dynamic Mutual Conductance tube testers?

The Heath, and the Eico are emission testers. I know nothing about
the Accurate Inst. unit.

Emission testers are basically only good for telling if the cathode
is still active.

If you really want to test tubes, you have to have a dynamic mutual
conductance tester. There were plenty of examples available from
Hickok.

-Chuck