Old September 12th 05, 08:45 PM
Steven Fritts

Default Full Wave Loop Question

Hi all,

I am thinking of building a full wave loop for 17 meter ham band. What
I plan to do is to build a cross shaped form...then run wire approx
12.7 ft on each side....then hang the antenna vertically from a tree
or mount it on a support 30-40 ft up with the V point of the antenna
straight up with the other "V" point straight down. In other words the
antenna will look like a diamond hanging vertically in the air. If I
feed the antenna at the bottom V with ladder line, one lead on each
leg, how will this antenna perform? The antenna wire wil be seperated
at the bottom point-not tied together. Will it have any gain? I am
sure there will be directivity broadside to the antenna.Thanks for any
help.

Steve W4SEF