Old July 16th 04, 02:30 PM
Ed Engelken

Bob Liesenfeld wrote in message ...
Hi gang,
Before I re-invent the wheel, has anyone here solved the low level
signal leakage from an old Eico model 315 signal generator?

Thanks
Bob WB0POQ

=========================
I don't know about the EICO, but most of the "kit" type signal
generators have the same problem. Lots of the leakage is through the
AC line cord. Usually it is bypassed to the chassis, but adding
ferrite beads/sleeves on the AC line inside and outside the cabinet
should help. Commercial signal generators have one of those "canned"
type EMI filters in them, adding one of those should to the trick.
Also, make sure all the cabinet and chassis screws are tight.

Best Regards,

Ed
Canyon Lake, TX