Old July 16th 04, 07:36 PM
Bob Liesenfeld

Ed Engelken wrote:

I don't know about the EICO, but most of the "kit" type signal
generators have the same problem. Lots of the leakage is through the
AC line cord.

Hi Ed,
Thanks for the response. I did originally suspect the line cord and added some
filtering but no change.
Interestingly, I have run some tests and most of the RF seems to be spraying off an area
of the aluminum front panel behind which is the frequency setting variable capacitor.
Also, I get some very intriguing nulls in the leakage around the disk screwed to the cap
shaft that has 0-100 calibration markings as a logging scale. I'm suspecting it is acting
as some sort of Faraday screen.......but maybe I've been chasing this problem too long.
Hi hi!

Bob