Old September 12th 05, 11:01 PM
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

In article , Win Heagy wrote:
Ok...I guess more details are needed She works in Washington DC, I work a
few miles away. As you may know, over the past few years, DC has been,
shall we say, an area of interest with regard to emergencies. As we also
know,
from 4 years ago, cell phones were no help during the emergency. We have
text messaging, but that cannot necessarily be counted on either.

So, my original post still stands, but to be more specific, I'm talking
about
9/11 type emergencies. I'd like to have a backup communications method
when our familiar methods fail. I realize no communication method is
failsafe, but I just wanted to see if someone had any insight I may not have
considered. If you don't, know problem...thanks anyway.

I know this is herasy in this group, but you might want to consider getting
her a CB. It's cheap, it's easy to use and there are a lot of them around.

You might not be able to reach each other directly, but there is a good
chance that there will be someone around who can relay a message for you.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (077)-424-1667 IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Support the growing boycott of Google by radio users and hobbyists.
It's starting to work, Yahoo has surpassed Google.