Old September 13th 05, 03:59 PM
Bob Bob

Hi Roger

Might get around to it today! (Being unemployed is sometimes fun..)

Also looking at the possibility of harmonic operation w/out adjustment.
Not useful for a 20M quad as the next usable freq is about 38Mhz. I
found though that if I (modelled) cut for 10.1Mhz it is also usable
28.4-29.0. This is also a good reason for using the high side impedence
transformation (ie 50r to 100r = 122r vs 50r to 75r = 90r) as the Z on
10M is higher. Radiation pattern isnt much good for long DX though..

Cheers Bob

Roger Leone wrote:

Okay, I see what you are planning to do. Seems reasonable, but there is
still a strangeness to the coax shields of the Q section being connected
only to each other. Let us know how it works.

Roger